Optimum Limited Privacy Statement
Last updated version: 10th of October 2022
We are committed to protecting your privacy during your visits to our website, and we recognise our responsibility to keep the information you provide to us confidential at all times.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
By using this site and any services we offer via this site, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy in respect of the information collected about you via this site. If there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
This is the privacy notice of Optimum Ltd. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Optimum Ltd. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we believe we have taken every step necessary to adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR gives customers greater access to their personal information and control of how it is used.
Optimum Ltd. is the data controller of the personal data you provide to us. We are company registered in Ireland. We can be contacted at: email@example.com or (01) 672 8628
Our registered office is at 28 Westland Square, Pearse street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Please take time to read this notice carefully. We, Optimum Ltd, take your privacy seriously. We have developed this notice to explain our online information practices, identify the information we collect and describe how we may use this information. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
Gathering and Use of Information
Types of information that we may gather
Personal Data is only collected by Optimum Ltd. This is the data that can be used to identify or contact you and may include name, phone number, IP address or email address.
The personal data that we may collect is only provided by you. You have full control over whether you provide this.
The personal data that you may disclose with us is as illustrates:
- Website: Completing an online enquiry form on our Payment options, ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Enquire Now’ section. If you are in contact with us, we will collect your name, phone number and/or email address (and any other piece of information included within the correspondence). We manage this information in pursuit of our rightful interests.
- Verifying your identity (legal): To exercise your data rights, we may need to collect additional personal information from you to verify your identify. We will verify your identity by reference to acceptable identification documentation supplied by you, which may include copies of your current passport, driving license or Public Services Card (PSC).
- Courses: If you are a participant in our training courses, we may gather information such as name, number, date of birth, email address, emergency contact information, health and safety information, job title and company, credit card details for payment of courses or social media handles. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you during our courses or correspondence. This can include emails, phone calls, documents and meetings.
- QQI Accredited Course: If you are a participant in our training courses, we may gather information such as name, number, email address, PPS number, date of birth, gender and exam results. This information is required to be collected from us for the certification to Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). QQI is an authorised data collector by the Department of Social Protection and Family Affairs. We only submit this information to QQI on your behalf and all sensitive data is securely deleted by us once submitted and results approved.
- Optimum Moodle Platform: If you are a participant on our course which requires online training. We gather such information in order to create a new account for you and interact with you through this platform. Such information includes account name, password, name, email, date of birth and company information. Participants also upload assessments for QQI courses.
- Social Media Pages: If you post any information on any of our social media sites, this can be read by anyone with access to these sites and used for purposes over which Optimum Ltd or you have no control. Optimum Ltd is not responsible for any information you submit to our social media sites. We only collect your social media details (with previous consent) to follow your business. We use these details for the purposes of our registration process.
- Surveys, Polls and Evaluations: We perform surveys, evaluations and polls that we use to produce original research from our system. You may give permission to Optimum to contact you at the email address provided to take part in this ongoing research. The type of information collected differs and is wholly dependent on the programme or course. If you require more details about the kind of information that we gather in our surveys and polls, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. From time, upon completing a poll or survey we may ask for your full name for sending out certification of completion, the rest of the survey is completely anonymous. Participation is entirely voluntary, and this information is processed and stored separately from the information you provide us for the survey or poll.
- Exam Results: If you complete an accredited training course with us, the accreditation body may share your final exam results with us.
- Signed up for our services by a third-party: You may be signed up for our training services by a third party such as one of our training partners, or your own employer. By signing you up for our services, they indicate they have the appropriate consent to do so. We may share your personal information with these parties for billing and payment purposes.
- Recorded Training Sessions: In some cases, we make audio or video recordings of our training sessions, and we may record information about you consequently. We will always inform you in advance if the event is being recorded so that you can choose not to participate if wish.
- Other Data: We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
Non-Personal Data refers to the statistical and analytical information we can gather when all visitors click into our website. Such information may include your internet service provider, approximate geographic location or actions that can be gathered anonymously by browsing our webpages. This non-personal data comprises of information that cannot be used to identify or contact you.
How we use your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
In general, we use the personal information provided by you:
- to contact you and respond to any requests and inquiries concerning our training services and products.
- to be used in any statistical or analytical reporting regarding our web activities through Google Analytics.
- to provide you with newsletters for which you subscribe.
- to improve the features on our site and services we offer from gathering non-personal data.
- to contact you with any information needed if you are a participant in one of our courses (e.g tutor/schedule change, feedback, reminders).
- to contact you during QQI certification and submitting of personal information into QQI system.
- to set up your account to our Optimum Moodle platform for e-learning.
- job application or job referral.
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information no longer than is necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations. We take reasonable steps, administrative, technical and physical, to protect the data provided via our services. However, no internet or email transmission is ever fully secure. Please make sure, before you contact us via the internet, to take special care in deciding the information you provide us. Any transmissions is at your own risk.
Where we enter into a legal contract with you we will hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of this contract by reference to the statute of limitation for a legal claim under contract.
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
A cookie is information that a web site stores on your computer so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Cookies are commonly used on the internet and do not harm your computer. You can find out more about the way cookies work by going to www.cookiecentral.com.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Your personal information, with your original consent, may be shared with our third-party payment providers, training partners, trainers, external independent examiners and accreditation bodies.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery or fulfilment of our services and or are working on our behalf.
We will, however, disclose personal data if we are required to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.We anticipate you to be vigilant when leaving our site and to read the privacy policies of any other site that collects personal data.
Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for [six years] before destroying or deleting it.
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information (free of charge)
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Optimum Ltd. hold on you.
- The right to update your personal data that Optimum Ltd. hold on you.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data that Optimum Ltd. hold on you.
- The right to withdraw consent on any personal data that Optimum Ltd. hold on you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com
Should you have any questions or comments related to this privacy statement or any data protection matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us (01) 672 86 28.
28 Westland Square, Pearse street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within one month of contact.